Homeownership, kitties, knitting and more!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Toad in the Hole

Second only to sleeping in, the best part of the weekend is a good greasy breakfast. I decided to tweak things a bit and made 'Toad in the Hole'. Someone (Jimmy D) mentioned that this is also called Bird in a Nest, which makes more sense, but i like the toad thing better. All you need is bread, butter and an egg.

Toad in the Hole

Toad in the Hole

Toad in the Hole

MMMMMM...what more could you want? The correct answer to that question is, of course, bacon...which was on the table, but not pictured here.

1 comment:

Mr. Nez said...

HA I was saying "bacon" out loud before i even finished that last sentence...what do you do with the pieces of bread that are cut out? I imagine I use them to sop up egg...but I have never even heard of this dish before so...